Call for Proposal
UNDP-GEF Small Grants Programme (SGP) Operational Phase-5
Call for Proposals
Local Action, Global Impact
UNDP-GEF Small Grants Programme (SGP) has been operating in Pakistan for last twenty years. With grant amount ceiling of $50,000 and flexible enough to reach out to the remotest communities, SGP has won several international and national awards including Ashden, Alcan Prize and UN Habitat Award. Its Benazir Housing Technology has been selected twice for Global South -South Development Expo 2009 held in Washington and in 2011 in Rome. SGP has also been the first donor of the then fifty CBOs which have now become successful national NGOs. Since 2006, SGP has been focusing geographically on the Indus Delta area in Sindh with several innovative projects in other parts of Pakistan.
SGP Pakistan now announces Call for Proposals for its Operational Phase-5. They key themes to develop proposals are as under:
1. Sustainable eco-forestry in Northern Pakistan (mountain regions of GB and KP), riverine areas in Sindh and mangroves reforestation and conservation;
2. Conservation of rare indigenous livestock breeds and globally significant species including, among others, Chiltan Markhor, Woolly flying squirrel and Balochistan Black Bear (Mum);
3. Eco-tourism to conserve sites which are under the pressure of unsustainable tourist influx;
4. Energy efficient and disaster resistant housing - with focus on introducing and mainstreaming indigenous models;
5. Solar powered products such as lanterns, household modules and street lights etc;
6. Energy efficient stoves and brick kilns - particularly retrofitting and remodeling of existing appliances and facilities; and
7. Innovations in and providing mass access to eco-sustainable technologies.
For further details on SGP themes, strategy, guidelines and proposal templates please visit our website: www.sgppakistan.org
Maximum grant amount per project is US$ 50,000, for a maximum duration of 18 months. Community based organizations, NGOs, youth and women-groups are encouraged to apply. Proof of registration as a non-profit entity would be of added advantage.
Please send your proposals in hard copy within fifteen days of the publication of this advertisement to the following address:
GEF SGP, 144, Defence Officers Housing Authority, Phase-1, Hyderabad, Sindh. Phone: 022-2108073
No phone calls will be entertained to respond to queries. Attempts to influence the selection process would automatically disqualify the applicant. However, clarifications can be sought by sending an email with specific but brief queries on our email address:email@example.com. Only proponents of shortlisted proposals will be contacted for the next steps.
GEF Small Grants Program Pakistan
Copyright © 2009 GEF Small Grants Programme Pakistan
GEF-SGP PHASE 5