GEF Small Grants Program Pakistan
Copyright 2009 GEF Small Grants Programme Pakistan
Ms Mio Takagi (Japanese Embassy) visited South Sindh on 21st February 2012
For the SGP ER part in Badin she did the following:
- Inauguration of the two bus-shelters and public bathrooms for women in Badin city
- Inauguration of the shelter and public bathrooms for the women pilgrims of the key Badin shrine
- Inspected the work progress on two union council buildings
- Inspected the near completion work on the reconstruction of mosque
- Visited the 21 KM long canal which has been de-silted, met the beneficiaries and talked with them
- Saw on-going work on water-course repair etc under cash-for-work for men and talked with the male beneficiaries
- Distributed cheques among women beneficiaries of the cash for work and saw them repairing their houses in a village
- Saw the specimen of each item distributed among the beneficiaries. As a token of solidarity she set on a donkey cart also
- Presided over an event attended by 3000 people including 1200 women beneficiaries.
- Had a dinner with all 17 GEF SGP ER partners and listened the Sufi Music in Hyderabad.